Famous Prayer Quotes:
● "God grant me the serenity to accept things I cannot change, courage to change things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.” - Reinhold Niebuhr (American Theologian)
● “To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing.” - Martin Luther
● A church without a prayer meeting is like a ship without a rudder
Thank You for this contribution from Ronald Christian Denhard
● “If Christians spent as much time praying as they do grumbling, they would soon have nothing to grumble about.” - Anonymous
● “I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom, and that of all about me, seemed insufficient for the day.”- Abraham Lincoln
● “Prayer is the rope that pulls God and man together. But, it doesn’t pull God down to us: It pulls us up to Him.” - Billy Graham
● “Every Christian needs a half-hour of prayer each day, except when he is busy, then he needs an hour.” - Francis de Sales
● “Don’t pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it.” - Corrie Ten Boom
● “We should spend as much time in thanking God for his benefits as we do in asking him for them.” –Vencent de Paul, Roman Catholic priest and spiritual writer.
● “Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?” – Corrie Ten Boom, devotional writer.
● “Never make the blunder of trying to forecast the way God is going to answer your prayer.” –Oswald Chambers, English devotional writer.
● “Many a person is praying for rain with his tub the wrong side up.” – Sam Jones, American revivalist.
● “God will either give you what you ask, or something far better.” (Robert Murray McCheyne - Scottish Evangelical Pastor)
● “God never ceases to speak to us, but the noise of the world without and the tumult of our passions within bewilder us and prevent us from listening to him (Francois Fenelon, Franch mystical theologian).”
● “Whether we like it or not, asking is the rule of the kingdom” – Charles Spurgeon, Baptist revivalist preacher.
● “In prayer we shift the center of living from self-consciousness to self-surrender” – Abraham Joshua Heschel, American Jewish Theologian.
● “Prayer is naught but a rising desire of the heart into God by withdrawing of the heart from all earthly thoughts.” – Walter Hilton
● “He who has learned to pray has learned to pray has learned the greatest secret of a holy and happy life.” – William Law, Anglican author.
● “There is not in the world a kind of life more sweet and delightful than that of a continual conversation with God.” – Brother Lawrence
● John Owen (Puritan Theologian) said, “He who prays as he ought will endeavor to live as he prays.”
● Norman Vincent Peale, “Today any successful and competent businessman will employ the latest and best-tested methods in production, distribution, and administration. Many are discovering that one of the greatest of all efficiency methods is prayer power.”
● Oswald Chambers said, “Ask God for what you want, but you cannot ask if you are not asking for a right thing. When you draw near to God, you cease from asking for things.“Your Father knows what things you have need of, before you ask him.” Then, why ask? That you may get to know Him.”
● Martin Luther said,“What are the things we should pray for? First, our personal troubles…The greatest trouble we can ever know is thinking that we have no trouble for we can become hard-hearted and insensible to what is inside of us.”
● Elton Trueblood (Quaker Philosopher) said, “At the profoundest depths in life, men talk not about God but with Him.”
● D. L. Moody (19th Century Evangelist) said, “Sometimes when your child talks, your friends cannot understand what he says; but the mother understands very well. So if our prayer comes from the heart, God understands our language.”
● D. L. Moody (19th Century Evangelist) said, “After we have made our requests known to Him, our language should be, “Thy will be done.” I would a thousand times rather that Gods’ will should be done than my own.”
● Samuel Chadwick (Puritan preacher) said, “Hurry is the death of Prayer.”
● Merlin R. Carothers (author of “Prison to Praise”) said, “The very act of praise releases the power of God into a set of circumstances and enables God to change them if this is His design… I have come to believe that the prayer of praise is the highest form of communication with God, and one that always releases a great deal of power into our lives.”
● E.M. Bounds said,“if the devil can get the church to withdraw from prayer by believing reasonable excuses, the church is under his dominion.”
● Pope John Paul 2 said, “We can pray perfectly when we are out in the mountains or on a lake and we feel at one with nature. Nature speaks for us or rather speaks to us. We pray perfectly.”
● John Wesley said,“God does nothing except in answer to Prayer.”
● Carl Barth said, “To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world.”
● John Maxwell said,“Every time I have had a breakthrough in my life, it has been because of Prayer”
● The fatalist or non-believer says, “what will be, will be.”
● Larry Lea says, “It is important that we know and hear God’s voice, for the words of God reveal the will of God.”
● C.S. Lewis said,“Lay before Him what is in us, not what ought to be in us.”
● Walter Wink said,“History belongs to the intercessors”
● Charles Finney said,“Prayer meetings are the most difficult meetings to sustain because they are the most spiritual meetings of the church.”
● Charles Finney said,“Unless the leader is especially prepared, the prayer meetings will dwindle.”
● Henry Ward Beecher said, “Whoever can take a church and develop in it a good prayer meeting, carry it on through years and still have it fruitful, various, spiritual -- he is a General.”
● W. H. Auden 1907-1973, Anglo-American Poet "Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you."
● John Bunyan 1628-1688, British Author "In prayer it is better to have a heart without words than words without a heart."
● Work as if you were to live a hundred years. Pray as if you were to die tomorrow. Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790, American Scientist, Publisher, Diplomat
● George Herbert 1593-1632, British Metaphysical Poet "Prayer should be the key of the day and the lock of the night."
● The men who have guided the destiny of the United States have found the strength for their tasks by going to their knees. This private unity of public men and their God is an enduring source of reassurance for the people of America. - Lyndon B. Johnson 1908-1973, Thirty-sixth President of the USA
● All that I am or hope to be I owe to my angel mother. I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. - Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865, Sixteenth President of the USA
● All who call on God in true faith, earnestly from the heart, will certainly be heard, and will receive what they have asked and desired. - Martin Luther 1483-1546, German Leader of the Protestant Reformation
● More tears are shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones. - Mother Teresa 1910-1997, Albanian-born Roman Catholic Missionary
● When you pray for anyone you tend to modify your personal attitude toward him. - Norman Vincent Peale 1898-1993, American Christian Reformed Pastor, Speaker, Author
● Dale Carnegie was asked, “what is the secret of your life?” Dale Carnegie replied, “Every day I pray. I yield myself to God, the tensions and anxieties go out of me and peace and power come in.
● Woodrow Wilson said,"I pray God I may be given the wisdom and the prudence to do my duty in the true spirit of this great people. I am their servant and can succeed only as they sustain and guide me by their confidence and their counsel. The thing I shall count upon, the thing without which neither counsel nor action will avail, is the unity of America—an America united in feeling, in purpose and in its vision of duty, of opportunity and of service." - We thank “Paul Flatt” for submitting
● Dr. Norman Vincent Peale “When you are in an upsetting situation, pray for everyone involved. Pray hard and be open to the power of God." Prayer is a gift that blesses you and those for whom you pray and it is something that can be done at any time, in any place, whenever you have a moment to give. - Thanks to “Tom Cain” for sending this to us
● “God shapes the world by prayer. The more prayer there is in the world the better the world will be, the mightier the forces of against evil" - E.M. Bounds
● John Wesley, "Prayer is where the action is"
● "No learning can make up for the failure to pray. No earnestness, no diligence, no study, no gifts will supply its lack." E.M. Bounds
● "If the church wants a better pastor, it only needs to pray for the one it has."
● "We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties." Oswald Chambers
● "Prayer breaks all bars, dissolves all chains, opens all prisons, and widens all straits by which God's saints have been held." E. M. Bounds
● C. H. Spurgeon "If you want that splendid power in prayer, you must remain in loving, living, lasting, conscious, practical, abiding union with the Lord Jesus Christ."
● "If the Christian does not allow prayer to drive sin out of his life, sin will drive prayer out of his life" - M.E. Andross
● "Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work" - Oswald Chambers
● “Those persons who know the deep peace of God, the unfathomable peace that passeth all understanding, are always men and women of much prayer.” R. A. Torrey
● "Prayer is the secret of power." Evan Roberts
● "Beware in your prayers, above everything else, of limiting God, not only by unbelief, but by fancying that you know what He can do. Expect unexpected things 'above all that we ask or think.'" Andrew Murray
● "There has never been a spiritual awakening in any country or locality that did not begin in united prayer." A.T. Pierson
● "Heaven is full of answers to prayer for which no one bothered to ask" - Billy Graham
● "The fruit of silence is prayer. The fruit of prayer is faith. The fruit of faith is love. The fruit of love is service. The fruit of service is peace." - Mother Teresa
Prayer Quotes - short statements:
● God’s answers are wiser than our prayers!
● 7 days without Prayer makes one WEAK!
● Church sign – Our Church is Prayer Conditioned!
● A family alter can alter a family!
● No problem is too great to place in God's hands.
● P.U.S.H. = Pray Until Something Happens!
● Prayer – the ultimate wireless connection!
● Prayer – Free wireless connection to God with no roaming fees!
● God answers all knee mail.
● Can't sleep? Don't count sheep - talk to the shepherd!
● Faith is the postage stamp on our prayers.
● “Life is fragile, handle with Prayer”
● "Prayer moves the hand that moves the universe."
● "Pray, and let God worry!" - Martin Luther
● Prayer is the Key to Heaven, but FAITH unlocks the door!
● As long as there are tests, there will be Prayer in Schools!
Thank You for your prayers and support!
Famous Prayer Quotes
Top Bible Verses on Prayer
Does God Speak to us?
The 7 Keys for Answered Prayer
4 Types of Prayer
4 Possible Prayer Answers
Emergency Numbers for Prayer
The Lord's Prayer Thoughts
The 7 Keys for Christian Success!
Keys for successful Prayer & FASTING!
Funny Church Signs and Quotes