People Skills 10 Commandments:
Written by Dr. Jerry Fowler
1. Thou shalt let people talk about THEMSELVES and what THEY are excited about.
• Decrease in your Vocabulary "I, me, my, mine.
• Increase in your Vocabulary "YOU, YOUR"
2. Thou shalt call people BY NAME.
• People love to hear their name. Knowing their name often begins a friendship.
• Use name associations to help you remember, if needed
3. Thou shalt be a Good Listener and be genuinely interested in getting to know people.
• Ask Questions. Let THEM talk.
• Make sure your non-verbal communication tells them you are listening
4. Thou shalt look people in the eyes and smile.
• Looking at people gives them your full attention.
• The eyes are the windows to the soul. When eyes connect, souls connect.
5. Thou shalt have a Great Positive Attitude.
• People are attracted to positive.
• Focus on the Good News and the good things happening in the world.
6. Thou shalt Applaud and Compliment People
• Be looking for the good in them. Praise ACTIONS and make sure you are sincere.
• Reward people for the good they do.
7. Thou shalt tell people when you disagree only when absolutely necessary (on “big” issues).
• Refrain from unnecessary "petty" arguments. Little things affect little minds.
• Be willing to sometimes lose the "battle" to win the "war"
• Your candle does not shine brighter by blowing out everyone else's
• As much as possible, offer constructive suggestions only in private (focus on their Actions).
• “Sandwich” your suggestions between positive remarks.
8. Thou shalt not repel people with your appearance
• Take care of yourself. Look your best and have good hygiene (of course I know you already do)
9. Thou shalt love people genuinely.
• People know when they are genuinely loved.
• People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care
10.Thou shalt be led by the Spirit for ways to share your Faith with people.
• Tell the Good News of all the exciting things Jesus has done for YOU.
• Give people Hope for their lives! Speak and Pray Hope into their lives!
• Be thankful to Jesus - let your life overflow with the “fruit of the Spirit” (Love, Joy, Peace, etc)
People Skills 10 Commandments written by Dr. Jerry Fowler. If sharing please provide link www.PositivePrayers.com