People Skills 10 Commandments:
Written by Dr. Jerry Fowler
These People Skills can help you make friends, deal better with people on your job or business, help people feel more welcome in your Church, and win people to Jesus.
1. Thou shalt let people talk about THEMSELVES and what THEY are excited about.
• Decrease in your Vocabulary "I, me, my, mine.
• Increase in your Vocabulary "YOU, YOUR"
2. Thou shalt call people BY NAME.
• People love to hear their name. Knowing their name often begins a friendship.
• Use name associations to help you remember, if needed
3. Thou shalt be a Good Listener and be genuinely interested in getting to know people.
• Ask Questions. Let THEM talk.
• Make sure your non-verbal communication tells them you are listening
4. Thou shalt look people in the eyes and smile.
• Looking at people gives them your full attention.
• The eyes are the windows to the soul. When eyes connect, souls connect.
5. Thou shalt have a Great Positive Attitude.
• People are attracted to positive.
• Focus on the Good News and the good things happening in the world.
6. Thou shalt Applaud and Compliment People
• Be looking for the good in them. Praise ACTIONS and make sure you are sincere.
• Reward people for the good they do.
7. Thou shalt tell people when you disagree only when absolutely necessary (on “big” issues).
• Refrain from unnecessary "petty" arguments. Little things affect little minds.
• Be willing to sometimes lose the "battle" to win the "war"
• Your candle does not shine brighter by blowing out everyone else's
• As much as possible, offer constructive suggestions only in private (focus on their Actions).
• “Sandwich” your suggestions between positive remarks.
8. Thou shalt not repel people with your appearance
• Take care of yourself. Look your best and have good hygiene (of course I know you already do)
9. Thou shalt love people genuinely.
• People know when they are genuinely loved.
• People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care
10.Thou shalt be led by the Spirit for ways to share your Faith with people.
• Tell the Good News of all the exciting things Jesus has done for YOU.
• Give people Hope for their lives! Speak and Pray Hope into their lives!
• Be thankful to Jesus - let your life overflow with the “fruit of the Spirit” (Love, Joy, Peace, etc)
People Skills 10 Commandments written by Dr. Jerry Fowler. If sharing please provide link www.PositivePrayers.com